Agile Education Marketing Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice covers how Agile Education Marketing uses the personal information we collect through our websites. In this Privacy Notice:
When we say “Agile”, we mean Agile Education Marketing, LLC.
When we say “Agile Sites” or “Sites”, we mean agile-ed.com, edlists.com, sellingtoschools.com or other official Agile websites and apps that link to this Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Agile Education Marketing, LLC, Attention: Privacy, 110 16th St, Suite 506, Denver, CO 80202.
When You Provide Information Directly to Us
When you visit the Agile Sites, we or our third party partners may ask you for information including but not limited to:
• Your contact information, such as name, address, telephone number, and email.
• Payment information, such as your credit card details, payment service details, and billing address.
• We also may need your shipping information and the shipping information for people that you want us to ship your purchases to – so we will need shipping contact information such as name, shipping address and telephone number.
Information Collected by Automated Means
Cookies are files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your device. Our Sites may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage). Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites.
Web Server Logs and Web Beacons
In conjunction with the gathering of information through cookies, Web servers may log information such as your device type, operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. The Web server logs also may record information such as the address of the Web page that referred you to our Sites and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. They also may log information about your interaction with our Sites, such as which pages you visit. To control which Web servers collect information by automated means, we may place tags on our Web pages called “Web beacons,” which are files that link Web pages to particular Web servers and their cookies.
Similar information may be collected through automated means by our apps, including unique device identifiers (such as advertising identifiers), geolocation information, IP address, device information, Internet connection information, as well as details about your device (such as device type), mobile browser or operating system, interactions with our apps and other technologies.
How Information is Used
We or one of our partners may use the information you provide directly to us or our partner and information collected by automated means for various purposes, including to:
• Process, evaluate, and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications
• Create, administer, and communicate with you about your accounts
• Contact you with marketing communications online and offline, including with respect to Agile’s products and services or those of our retail and marketing partners
• Display relevant advertising to you on our Sites and across the Internet
• Verify your identity
• Operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; performing market research, data analytics and data enhancement and insights; determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; analyzing, improving and customizing products, services, Sites and communications; administering our Sites; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities)
• Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality
• Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies and terms.
Data about your activities on our Sites may be collected for use in providing advertising tailored to your individual interests on other websites and online services. You may choose whether to have your information collected for that purpose. We participate in advertising services administered by third parties. The ad services may track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of the automated technologies described above, and they may use this information to show you advertisements for Agile or others that are tailored to your individual interests or characteristics and/or based on prior visits to our Sites. We and third-party vendors may use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together, as well as other automated means and the data collected through such means, (1) to inform, optimize, and serve ads (including ads based on past visits to our Sites) and (2) to report on our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services (including how they are related to visits to our Sites). To learn more about interest-based advertising generally, including how to opt out from the targeting of interest-based ads by some of our current ad service partners, click here. You also may use your device settings to indicate certain preferences regarding the serving of advertisements based on your mobile device’s advertising identifier. For the most effective and up-to-date method of doing so on your particular device and operating system, you should consult your device settings and the instructions provided by your device manufacturer.
Subject to applicable law, we may disclose information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a subpoena; (2) when we believe disclosure would be appropriate in response to requests by government entities, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss; (4) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity or (5) for fraud detection and prevention.
We also will transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (such as in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, dissolution or liquidation) or take steps in anticipation of such a transaction.
Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Sites. For example, third-party providers of certain embedded content and tools on our Sites (such as social network plug-ins) may collect personal information directly from you in connection with your interaction with such content and tools. Such providers’ use of the information is subject to their own privacy policies, which we recommend you review. We are not responsible for such providers’ privacy practices, which are not covered by this Privacy Notice.
If you would like to update or modify your personal information, you may contact us as described in the How To Contact Us section below or, where applicable on certain Agile Sites, you may make these choices directly by logging into your account if applicable or by contacting us directly. You also may unsubscribe from any of our promotional emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any promotional email you receive from us.
Information security is something that we all have to work at to make e-commerce safer. We can’t promise that our security program will eliminate all security risks. We take reasonable steps to protect your information, but when you provide information to us (for example, personal contact information), you do so at your own risk. You can do your part by taking steps such as:
• using a unique password, if applicable, for our Sites that never has or will be used anywhere else – please think up a new one that you never used before – and please only use that password with us
• protecting the confidentiality of your username and password – don’t give your username and password to anyone, anywhere, anytime
• accessing our Sites only from devices that have an up-to-date operating system and up-to-date security software (this makes the Agile Site work better anyway), and
• notifying us of any suspected unauthorized activity – you can contact us to try to help figure this out. We can take steps to help reset your account.
Taking these steps will not guarantee security but may help lower the risk or impact of certain security threats. For further information about protecting your security, visit http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/computer-security.
Links to Other Websites and Online Services
The Agile Sites may provide links to other websites and online services for your convenience and for your information. For example, we may provide links to the websites of merchants or manufacturers of products sold through the Agile Sites or third party service providers that help the Agile Sites work well. Linked websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the content of any third-party websites or services, any use of those websites or services, or their privacy or security practices.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices or relevant laws. To notify you of any changes that we make, we will post the updated version on the Agile Sites and indicate at the top of the Privacy Notice when it was last updated.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you, please contact us at email@example.com or Agile Education Marketing, LLC., Attention: Privacy, 110 16th St, Suite 506, Denver CO 80202.